BREVARD COUNTY, Fla. - As Hurricane Ian continues its ways across the Caribbean, it is expected to strengthen into a major hurricane. Florida is within the so-called "cone of uncertainty."
As Floridians continue to prepare, here is the emergency information to know in Brevard County, including evacuations, road closures, school closings, and where to get sand and sandbags. As additional information comes into the FOX 35 newsroom, we will update this page.
LATEST STORM UPDATES
- FOX 35 STORM TEAM HURRICANE CENTER (Cone, models, pathway)
- FOX 35 STORM TEAM COVERAGE
- FOX 35 TRACKING THE TROPICS FORECAST
BREVARD COUNTY SANDBAGS
Sandbag sites open 8 a.m. - 6 p.m. Limit 10 bags per vehicle.
- Mitchell Ellington Park, 577 Hall Road, Merritt Island, FL, 32953.
- Wickham Park, 2500 Parkway Drive, Melbourne, FL. 32935. Enter using south access from Parkway Dr.
- Eastern Florida State College, 250 Community College Parkway SE, Palm Bay, FL., 32909
- Chain of Lakes, 2300 Truman Scarborough Way, Titusville, FL., 32796
BREVARD COUNTY EVACUATIONS
No evacuations ordered.
BREVARD COUNTY EMERGENCY SHELTERS
Brevard County will open three shelters at 10 a.m. on Wednesday, Sept. 28
- Walter Butler Community Center, 4201 N Cocoa Blvd, Cocoa, FL 32927
- Wickham Park Community Center, 2815 Leisure Way, Melbourne, FL 32935
- Max K. Rodes Community Center, 3410 Flanagan Ave West Melbourne, FL 32904
Space Coast Area Transit will provide help to registered special needs individuals.
BREVARD COUNTY SCHOOL CLOSURES
Brevard County Schools will be closed Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. All school activities, events, and programs are canceled.