FLAGLER COUNTY, Fla. - As Hurricane Ian continues its ways across the Caribbean, it is expected to strengthen into a major hurricane before reaching Florida.
Flagler County officials have announced an 8 p.m. curfew for all residents Wednesday.
As Floridians continue to prepare, here is the emergency information to know in Brevard County, including evacuations, road closures, school closings, and where to get sand and sandbags. As additional information comes into the FOX 35 newsroom, we will update this page.
LATEST STORM UPDATES
- FOX 35 STORM TEAM HURRICANE CENTER (Cone, models, pathway)
- FOX 35 STORM TEAM COVERAGE
- FOX 35 TRACKING THE TROPICS FORECAST
FLAGLER COUNTY SANDBAGS
Flagler County residents are being provided sandbags (limit 10 sandbags per household) at the following locations
Tuesday, Sept. 26
- Flagler Technical College – 5633 N. Oceanshore Blvd., The Hammock – 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Fire Station 71 – 89 County Road 2006 West, Bunnell – 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Palm Coast Public Works Yard, 1 Wellfield Grade, off U.S. 1 and just north of Palm Coast Parkway, Palm Coast – 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Santa Maria Del Mar Catholic Church – 915 N. Central Ave., Flagler Beach – 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Indian Trails Sports Complex – 5455 Belle Terre Parkway, Palm Coast 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
FLAGLER COUNTY EVACUATIONS
Effective 1PM, Sept. 28 (residents encouraged to complete evacuation by noon)
- Residents and visitors living in mobile homes and RVs
- Zone A – Flagler Beach to Marineland
- Zone B – Bulowville neighborhoods east of John Anderson Highway and Palm Drive, Lambert Avenue neighborhoods.
- Zone F - Crescent Lake, Dead Lake, including Daytona North
FLAGLER COUNTY EMERGENCY SHELTERS
Flagler County has opened two shelters. Residents ordered to evacuate are encouraged to arrive at shelters by 4 p.m., Sept. 28
Bunnell Elementary – General Population and Pets
305 N. Palmetto Street, Bunnell
Rymfire Elementary – Special Needs
1425 Rymfire Drive, Palm Coast
FLAGLER COUNTY SCHOOL CLOSURES
All Flagler County Schools will be closed beginning Wednesday, September 28 due to the impending effects of Hurricane Ian. They will remain closed through Friday, September 30.