ORLANDO, Fla. - Black Friday 2020 will be a year like no other, especially as the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic changes how consumers shop.
Starting at 6:30 a.m. on Good Day Orlando, FOX 35 will have the best online deals and in-store steals in Central Florida for you to check out. In addition, we'll be monitoring crowds, safety measures, weather, and traffic.
Tune in to FOX 35 Orlando for everything you need to know on Black Friday.
The acceleration of coronavirus cases is causing an existential crisis for America’s retailers and spooking their customers just as the critically important holiday shopping season nears. It’s also raising the risk that the economy could slide into a “double-dip” recession this winter as states and cities re-impose restrictions on businesses and consumers stay at home to avoid contracting the disease.
An anxious consumer is a frightening prospect for retailers as well as for the overall economy. Any sustained recovery from the pandemic recession hinges on consumers, whose spending fuels about 70 percent of economic growth.
So as the virus rampages across the nation and with holiday sales expected to be weak and heavily dependent on online shopping, retailers are considering extraordinary steps to draw customers.
BLACK FRIDAY DEALS AND MORE:
- Early Black Friday deals on laptops, TVs, smartphones
- How to conquer Black Friday from your couch
- Universal Orlando offers Black Friday ticket deal
- Toy safety group releases annual list of top 10 ‘worst’ toys
- Best Black Friday 2020 toy deals
- Black Friday 2020: How to avoid getting scammed
- Florida sheriff's office offers Black Friday shopping tips
- Florida animal shelter offering free adoptions on Black Friday weekend
- People start lining up for Black Friday deals in Central Florida
- How will the weather be for shoppers on Black Friday?
FOX 35 will update this list as more deals and updates are discovered.