Family of eight suffers from carbon monoxide poisoning

Image 1 of 2

The Titusville Fire Department reports that a family this morning had symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning.

Firefighters say that a generator was running from 10 p.m. to 8 a.m. in the garage with the door closed.

Eight people were reportedly inside. 

All eight were said to have been transported to Paris Medical Center with symptoms of carbon monoxide.

RELATED: Florida officials warn residents about CO risk as hurricane cleanup begins

The Fire Department said the carbon monoxide reader said 300 parts per million were inside all eight bodies, which is extremely high.

Children were part of the eight.