Save money at the pump by catching a ride on the SunRail. There are several local restaurants with enough variety to satisfy all your foodie needs, and some are just walking distance from each train station.
From Winter Park's The Wine Room on Park Avenue to 2 Brother's Steakhouse in Kissimmee, see what eateries are near SunRail train stations in its foodie tour guide.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST TO RIDE THE SUNRAIL?
Depending on the number of counties/zones traveled, one-way tickets range from $2 to $5 per person and $3.75 to $9.50 per person round trip, according to SunRail's website.
Children age 6 and under ride for free with a paying adult.
Seniors 65 and older, youth between the ages of 7 and 18 and those with disabilities qualify for a 50% discount off of their fare.
Tickets are purchased at the ticket vending machine located on all SunRail station platforms.
SUNRAIL TRAIN LOCATIONS
- Winter Park/Amtrak - 148 W. Morse Blvd. Nearby walking distance restaurants include: The Wine Room on Park Avenue (3 min), Kilwins Chocolates & Ice Cream (3 min), 310 Park South (4 min), blu on the avenue (4 min), Sushi Pop Winter Park (5 min), Park Avenue Pizza (5 min), ABO Winter Park (6 min), GRATO Italian Kitchen of Winter Park (6 min) and Gelato-go Orlando (6 min).
- Longwood - 149 E. Church Ave. Nearby walking distance restaurants include: Wild Hare Natural Market (1 min), Two Bell’s Cafe Co. (2 min) Alestone Brewing Co. (3 min), El Pollon Restaurant (3 min) and Nan & Pop’s Ice Cream Shop (3 min)
- Lake Mary - 2200 W. Lake Mary Blvd. Nearby walking distance restaurants include: Krazy Greek Kitchen, (9 min), Lonnie’s Fusion Cuisine (10 min), 4th Street Bar & Grill (10 min), Flippers Pizzeria (11 min), New City Café (10 min), Root’s Raw Juice Bar (9 min) and The Olive Pantry (9 min).
- Lynx Central - 101 W. Livingston St. in Orlando. Nearby walking distance restaurants include: DoveCote Restaurant (1 min), Fratelli’s Italian Restaurant (3 min), Planet Smoothie (4 min), Insomnia Cookies (7 min), Neon Beach (7 min), Cuban American Cafe (9 min) and Pokeworks (9 min)
- AdventHealth - 500 E. Rollins St. in Orlando. Nearby walking distance restaurants include: Better Than Sex - A Dessert Restaurant (11 min), Equilibre Healthy Food (12 min)Debary - 630 South Charles R. Beall Blvd.
- Sanford - 2720 W. State Road 46
- Altamonte Springs - 2741 S. Ronald Reagan Blvd.
- Maitland - 801 N. Orlando Ave.
- Church Street - 99 W. South St. in Orlando. Nearby walking distance restaurants include: AC Sky Bar (2 min), Hamburger Mary’s (5 min), Don Jefe’s Tequila (6 min), BENTO Downtown Orlando (7 min), Crepe Delicious (7 min), and Kres Chophouse & Lounge (6 min)
- Orlando Health/Amtrak - 250 Columbia St. in Orlando
- Sand Lake Road - 8030 S. Orange Ave. in Pine Castle
- Meadow Woods - 120 Fairway Woods Blvd. in Orlando
- Tupperware - 3205 Orange Ave. in Kissimmee
- Kissimmee/Amtrak- 320 Pleasant St. in Kissimmee
- Poinciana - 5025 S. Rail Ave. in Kissimmee
SUNRAIL TRAIN SCHEDULES
The SunRail is available Monday through Friday every-half hour during scheduled morning and evening service and less frequently during the mid-day. It does not operate on weekends or on the following holidays: New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day. You're asked to arrive at the station 20 minutes earlier than the scheduled departure time.