ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. (WOFL FOX 35) - Orange County Public Schools lifted a lockdown at Windermere High School late Thursday afternoon following an investigation into a report of a possible threat made against the school.
According to a spokesperson with the Sheriff's Office, a threat came from a group text message among students. One of the students in that group then alerted authorities
Two students were detained for questioning; however, detectives said nothing suspicious was found on campus or on the individuals being detained.
The school and the Sheriff's Office dispelled rumors that there had been a shooting at the school and said that students remained unharmed during the lockdown.
"Detectives have no charges at this time against the two students that were interviewed," said Deputy Ingrid Tejada-Monforte.
She added that those students were released to the custody of the parents and the investigation is "active and on-going."
Local law enforcement is working closely with the Orange County Public School district police.