Longwood father accused of stabbing 3-year-old daughter to death denied bond

The Florida father who is accused of stabbing his 3-year-old daughter to death and trying to kill his 12-year-old daughter in their Longwood home appeared before a judge on Tuesday. 

Juan Bravo-Torres is facing first-degree murder and attempted murder charges. He attended a virtual hearing from his bed at HCA Florida Lake Monroe Hospital where he is recovering from self-inflicted stab wounds after allegedly attacking his daughters. Bravo-Torres is under law enforcement supervision while he is in the hospital. 

He was originally supposed to go before a judge on Saturday, but it was rescheduled for medical reasons. His Monday hearing got canceled after he had to go to the hospital for surgery. During Tuesday's hearing, a judge denied bond for Bravo-Torres.

Longwood Police Sergeant Derek Chenoweth said Bravo-Torres killed his 3-year-old little girl and then attacked his 12-year-old daughter while she was sleeping.

RELATED: Longwood stabbing: Girl, 12, played dead after father attacked her, killed little sister: affidavit

Police say the girl played dead after being stabbed, managed to escape the house after her father passed out, and then walked a mile to the McDonald's where her mother worked.

Longwood Police Officers left a balloon and flowers in front of a home, creating a makeshift memorial where a young girl was stabbed and killed allegedly by her father, and her 12-year-old sister was seriously injured. (FOX 35 Orlando)

When officers arrived at the home on Highland Street, police said they found Bravo-Torres in the bathroom with injuries to his torso and he was unconscious. They said they also found the little girl who was already dead.

RELATED: Officers leave flowers at memorial for 3-year-old girl stabbed to death at Florida home

On Friday, Longwood police officers stopped by the home on Highland Street with flowers and balloons to add to a growing memorial for the 3-year-old girl. 

FOX 35 is working to get an update on the condition of the 12-year-old girl. At last check, she was in critical but stable condition.