Video shows mom overdosing in toy aisle of store
LAWRENCE, Mass. - Police in Massachusetts have released a disturbing and heartbreaking video of a 2-year-old girl trying to help her mother who had overdosed in the middle of a Family Dollar store.
The video shows the woman collapsed from an apparent overdose in the aisle on Sunday and the toddler screaming for her mother to wake up.
A clerk who saw what was happening called 911 for help right away.
Police say it took about two doses of Narcan to revive the woman.
The 36-year-old woman, who has not yet been identified, lives in Salem, New Hampshire and will likely face child endangerment charges.
Police say they don't have enough evidence to charge her with any drug related violations.
The little girl is in protective custody with the Department of Children and Families.
Police tell FOX 25 that while they wish the person taking the video would have helped the frantic child, the clip is being used as evidence to support the child endangerment charge.
Police released the video because even though the images are shocking and hard to watch, the scene is all too common and they hope it will alert people to the horrific consequences of drug use.