OK. Yes, we realize it’s not winter, and we realize that even if it were winter we would not be seeing snow here in Central Florida. However, cooler weather is just months away in other parts of the country, and we know that a lot of our Orlando Toyota drivers like to get out of town for the holidays and to take vacations. That’s why we’re sharing tips for driving in snow (and maybe it’s also a little bit of wishful thinking that things would cool down here in the Sunshine State!). Let’s go!
Prep your Orlando Toyota car for slippery conditions
Before you hit the road and take on driving in snow in your Orlando Toyota car, you need to prep your vehicle! That’s one of the most important steps you can take to proactively deal with driving in snow. Here are some tips from our Toyota service center in Orlando:
- Make sure your tires are in good condition – you need them to have enough tread and inflation to grip the road despite slippery snow and ice. Consider all-weather tires to ensure you have a safe drive time!
- Check your headlights and windshield wipers to allow for a clear field of vision and to let other drivers see you clearly. Our Toyota service techs in Orlando can check and replace both of these vital parts for you!
- Make sure you have the right coolant in your car, as well as the right windshield wiper fluid. You’ll need these fluids to resist cold temps when driving in snow! Same goes for your battery – make sure it’s in good enough shape to take on low temps.
Our Toyota Service Center in Orlando can also give you a multi-point inspection to ensure your ride is in good shape and safe enough to take on driving in snow!
We’ve got tips for driving in snow!
You should also change your driving habits when driving in snow! You’ll need to maneuver your Orlando Toyota a little differently – here are some tips.
- Make sure your Orlando Toyota car is fully fueled up before you hit the road.
- Drive slowly! You’ll need to be able to maintain control of your car, and dropping your speed will help with that on slippery surfaces.
- Make sure you accelerate and brake gently. Slamming on your gas or brakes while driving in snow can make you slide out and lose control!
- Use your headlights, and be sure your turn signals and brake lights are working so you can signal your whereabouts and intentions to other drivers.
- Don’t try to speed up on hills – it can cause your wheels to spin out and you’ll start sliding in your new Toyota in Orlando.
- NEVER use cruise control when driving in snow – this Orlando Toyota technology can easily cause a collision when conditions are slippery!
Have questions or need to get your car prepped for driving in snow? Call our Toyota Service Center today at (866) 945-0493!