Longwood father accused of stabbing 3-year-old daughter to death to appear in court

The Florida father who is accused of stabbing his 3-year-old daughter to death and trying to kill his 12-year-old daughter in their Longwood home is expected to appear in court on Tuesday. 

Juan Bravo-Torres is facing first-degree murder and attempted murder charges. He's currently at HCA Florida Lake Monroe Hospital recovering from self-inflicted stab wounds after attacking his daughters. Bravo-Torres has been arrested and is under law enforcement supervision while he is in the hospital. 

He was originally supposed to go before a judge on Saturday, but it was rescheduled for medical reasons. His Monday hearing got canceled after he had to go to the hospital for surgery. He is expected to appear in court remotely from the hospital.

 Longwood Police Sergeant Derek Chenoweth said Bravo-Torres killed his 3-year-old little girl and then attacked his 12-year-old daughter while she was sleeping.

RELATED: Longwood stabbing: Girl, 12, played dead after father attacked her, killed little sister: affidavit

Police say the girl played dead after being stabbed, managed to escape the house after her father passed out, and then walked a mile to the McDonald's where her mother worked.

Longwood Police Officers left a balloon and flowers in front of a home, creating a makeshift memorial where a young girl was stabbed and killed allegedly by her father, and her 12-year-old sister was seriously injured. (FOX 35 Orlando)

When officers arrived at the home on Highland Street, police said they found Bravo-Torres in the bathroom with injuries to his torso and he was unconscious. They said they also found the little girl who was already dead.

RELATED: Officers leave flowers at memorial for 3-year-old girl stabbed to death at Florida home

On Friday, Longwood police officers stopped by the home on Highland Street with flowers and balloons to add to a growing memorial for the 3-year-old girl. 

FOX 35 is working to get an update on the condition of the 12-year-old girl. At last check, she was in critical but stable condition.