SEMINOLE COUNTY, Fla. - As of Wednesday at 8:00 a.m., Seminole County has issued an evacuation order for flood prone, mobile/manufactured homes, and persons with special needs. The Seminole County Office of Emergency Management has announced the opening of the following emergency shelters beginning at 8:00 a.m. Wednesday.
- Lake Mary High School – General Population
- Winter Springs High School – General Population
- Lyman High School – General Population and Pet-Friendly
- Lawton Chiles Middle School – General Population
- Midway Elementary – General Population
- Bentley Elementary – Special Needs and Pet-Friendly
- Layer Elementary – Special Needs
As a reminder, a shelter should be your last resort. All other options should be explored before going to a shelter. Individuals living in mobile homes, low-lying areas, or flood zones should consider evacuating to a shelter.
You can receive updated alerts, text Storm2022 to 888-777 and register for Alert Seminole.