It rains a lot here is Central Florida, which is why it's so important to keep your windshield wipers in top condition. After all, you're going to want a clear view of the road! Do you know how to take care of your windshield wipers and how you can determine when it's time to replace them? Our Orlando Toyota service technicians can explain!
When is it time for replacement windshield wipers?
You may be wondering how often you should get Orlando windshield wipers replacements and if your car is due for this auto service. The best way to know for sure is by bringing your car to our Toyota Service Center in Orlando and having it inspected. Our auto service pros can check out your windshield wipers to determine if it's time to replace them. You know you need replacements if:
- They smear around water on your windshield instead of wiping the water away.
- There are streaks or hazing on the glass.
- The rubber is falling apart or starts to come apart from the wiper arm.
- There a missing pieces from the rubber on the wiper blade.
- The wiper blade comes apart from the windshield when going high speeds.
- You hear a squeaking, chattering or slapping sound.
If you notice any of these signs, just head to our Orlando Toyota Service Center! We can replace your windshield wipers for you without a problem.
Orlando Toyota service tips for caring for these auto parts
Although replacing these auto parts is easy and affordable, you want to avoid wearing them out too early. You can do this by taking certain steps to take care of your windshield wipers. Our Orlando Toyota service pros are sharing some tips to help keep these auto parts in tip top shape!
- You can take care of your wiper blades by cleaning them regularly. A good rule is to clean your car windshield with a squeegee every time you stop at the gas station and clean your wiper blades at the same time. This will keep dirt and oil from corroding the rubber.
- Although we don't have to worry about snow here in Central Florida, you may want to know how to deal with it when it comes to your windshield wipers. To protect these auto parts in the winter, you should pull the wipers away from your windshield. This will keep ice from building up on them! You should also never use your wipers to clear snow or ice off your windshield!
- Another important thing to remember is to keep your windshield fluid! This fluid is necessary when you need to clean your windshield while on the go to clear your view. If you turn on your wipers without this fluid, they can skid across the glass and cause damage. Visit our Orlando Toyota Service Center if you're not sure how to check this car fluid!
Want to know more about how to care for your car? Visit our Orlando Toyota Service Center at 3575 Vineland Rd. We're located just off I-4 near the Mall at Millenia. You can also schedule auto service by calling (866) 945-0493.