ORLANDO, Fla. - CVS Health announced that nearly a dozen drive-thru coronavirus testing sites will be coming to the Sunshine State starting May 15.
Ten sites will be set up at select CVS Pharmacy Drive-thru locations.
The new testing sites in Florida include:
- CVS Pharmacy, 1000 East Tarpon Avenue, Tarpon Springs, FL 34689
- CVS Pharmacy, 2322 Land O Lakes Boulevard, Lutz, FL 33549
- CVS Pharmacy, 2400 Enterprise Road, Orange City, FL 32763
- CVS Pharmacy, 221 South S.R. 434, Altamonte Springs, FL 32714
- CVS Pharmacy, 3404 S.W. Archer Road, Gainesville, FL 32608
- CVS Pharmacy, 8905 Bryan Dairy Road, Largo, FL 33777-1102
- CVS Pharmacy, 50 Duval Station Road, Jacksonville, FL 32218
- CVS Pharmacy, South Orange Blossom Trail, Orlando, FL 32837
- CVS Pharmacy, 121 West MacClenny Avenue, MacClenny, FL 32063
- CVS Pharmacy, 520 South Federal Highway, Boca Raton, FL 33432
The new sites will use self-swab tests. CVS Health says they hope to open up to 1,000 locations across the country to help during the pandemic. The goal is to process up to 1.5 million tests per month.
"While the large-scale test sites we’ve been operating since early April have proven successful, this new approach allows us to utilize our presence in communities across the country and bring testing closer to home," said Larry J. Merlo, President and CEO, CVS Health. "Our frontline employees will continue to play a critical role in the testing process, with members of their communities directly benefitting from their dedication and selflessness.”
Patients must stay in their cars where they will be directed to the pharmacy drive-thru to be given a test kit. A team member will observe the test to make sure it is done properly. Results can be expected in about 3 days.
Patients must register in advance at CVS.com to schedule an appointment.