OAKLAND, Calif. (KTVU) - Have you ever wondered what kind of perks tech employees really get? We checked in with companies from around the Bay Area to see what they offer to lure talent while keeping employees happy and healthy.
Below are responses local tech companies sent KTVU when asked about their perks:
- A quarterly $500 travel coupon every quarter good for a stay at any Airbnb listing worldwide for personal travel. The purpose of the stipend is to not only encourage employees to recharge from time to time, but also allows all Airbnb employees to regularly connect with our host community
- Dog friendly office
- Airbnb's office space was designed to inspires creativity and collaboration and is a reminder of what we do and the community we serve. Not only are our meeting rooms inspired by actual listings, but we have photos and stories of our hosts on our walls
- Four hours of paid time off each month for our employees to volunteer around the globe
- We incorporate volunteerism and giving back into our employee gatherings around the globe and have an annual Week for Good where all of our employees, alongside our hosts, come together to give back to the community through various volunteer projects
- Fireside chats from thought leaders, entrepreneurs, and influencers
- Culture of Learning - access to online learning tools and databases, employee taught courses, etc.
- Airbnb partners with various local businesses to offer a range of discounts for healthy food and fitness activities as well as memberships and discounted passes to local museums
- Unlimited PTO - Work-life balance is an important part of life at Dropbox. Dropbox provides unlimited time off for everything life throws your way - new parent leave, family vacation, sick days, and more
- Paid Volunteer Time Off - Dropbox also offers 4 days of paid time off to volunteer and matches employees charitable contributions-allowing employees to support the organizations they care about the most. Dropbox for Good, an employee-driven social impact group, also organizes various volunteering opportunities and initiatives with a focus on STEM (science, technology, engineering, math) education, digital rights, and local poverty
- Creative + Collaborative Workspace: The Dropbox's SF headquarters was designed with one goal in mind - to create the ideal work environment for all employees, offering unique destinations to suite a wide range of needs. The office enables employees to work anywhere - a one-on-one huddle, at the whiteboard, in team pods or even on the roof. Rooms known as "deep focus" and the library are perfect for deeper concentration, while the coffee shop, music lounge, and variety of conference rooms host informal meetings and brainstorms
- Cafeteria: The Dropbox Tuck Shop - Dropbox offers its employees three meals, as well as drinks and snacks throughout the day. The cafeteria, lovingly called the "Tuck Shop" is led by executive chef Brian Mattingly
- Special Interests at Dropbox - Dropbox employees are encouraged to create special groups to foster relationships and bring people together through activities such as: watching Bollywood movies, playing board games, pool, ping pong, vintage video games, knitting, a capella singing, jamming away in the company's dedicated music room called The Mint, and much more
- Four months of fully paid parental leave for new moms and dads (parental leave can be taken in any increment - ie: weeks or months at a time-during the first year of a child's life, or a year within adoption)
- Robust healthcare benefits, including a medical clinic onsite, insurance covered by the company, and we also cover spouses and close relatives in our Second Medical Opinion program
- 21 days of PTO
- $4,000 new child benefit
- Open and collaborative workspace with a 9 acre green roof at our Menlo Park Headquarters
- Work for a brand that's a household name and a leader in the streaming industry
- Team culture where everyone works together to win big while also succeeding independently
- Smart, self-motivated, and collaborative people
- Discounts on Roku streaming devices
- Competitive salary and equity
- Generous PTO policy
- Work-life balance supported
- Great location; reverse commute for most
- Electric car charging stations
- Free daily catered lunch and generous snacks
- Watch TV while at work!
What kind of perks do you get? Join the conversation on our KTVU Facebook page or share on Twitter/Instagram using #KTVU.