RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) - Authorities in North Carolina say a 10-month-old baby has died after choking on a pine cone.
Raleigh police spokeswoman Laura Hourigan says the incident occurred Wednesday morning at a home child-care facility on the city’s south side.
News outlets report records from the state Department of Health and Human Services show the day care has a three-star license, with several violations documented in January. The violations included having more than five children present and not showing proof that infants were visually checked every 15 minutes while sleeping.
Records show the violations were corrected by the next check in February.
No one at the day care answered a phone call seeking comment Thursday. Hourigan said an investigation into the incident is continuing.