Two women exposed to carbon monoxide fumes transported to hospital

Image 1 of 3

Two women are expected to recover after being exposed to carbon monoxide fumes on Monday morning in Orange County.

According to Orange County Fire Rescue, an 80-year-old woman, who lives on Creekwater Boulevard, accidentally left her car running overnight in her garage. She and a woman in her 40s, who was also inside the house, were overcome by fumes. 

Both were transported to the hospital and are expected to make a full recovery. 

Fire rescue officials say that it is an important reminder that people shold install carbon monoxide alarms in their homes.