Elderly couple found dead inside New Smyrna Beach home
NEW SMYRNA BEACH, Fla. (WOFL FOX 35) - A couple has been found dead inside their New Smyrna Beach home, and now authorities are trying to determine the manner of death. A preliminary investigation reveals that Paul Berry, 90, Juanita Berry, 89, and their pet dog may have died from carbon monoxide poisoning.
The investigation is taking place at a residence on Clubhouse Boulevard, near the Sugar Mill Country Club. Officers were asked to a well-being check at the home around 3 p.m. on Wednesday after no one had heard from the Berrys in a day. Police and fire crews went into the house and determined that there were high levels of carbon monoxide.
The husband and wife were found in the master bedroom and the dog was in the living room of the home. Authorities believe a car that was parked in the garage was left running by accident. They do not suspect foul play, but rather, they believe it was a horrible accident.