Efficiently learn how to change a tire with our tips!
Have you ever found yourself stranded on the side of the road, thanks to a tire blowout? Chances are that you have and may already know what a pain it is! Learning how to change a tire can really save you in the long run, as it will help you help you get out of a bad situation quickly!
Our Orlando Toyota Service Center is teaching you how to change a tire so you can switch up a flat tire in no time at all. Let’s get started!
What do you need to perform this Orlando auto service?
Learning how to change a tire can really come in handy, as it can be pretty hard to change the tire without knowing what to do! It’s important you know how to change a tire, since you might not have access to roadside assistance. Our Toyota Service Center is teaching you how to do this auto service in Orlando so you can be self-sufficient in case of a car emergency!
Before you can actually change a tire, you need to make sure you have tire-changing kit. Our Orlando Toyota service techs can help you assemble it, so you can make sure you have the proper tools for this auto service! Once you have acquired the tools, you can learn how to change a tire. Here are the things you’ll need:
- Lug wrench
- Spare tire
- Lug nuts
- A flashlight (for nighttime changes)
- Tire gauge (to measure the pressure your spare tire)
Our Toyota Service Center explains how to change a tire
- The first thing you need to do in order to change a tire is to actually pull over to the side of the road. Our Orlando Toyota service techs suggest that you pull over to an area that’s free of sand and is even. You’re going to need a flat surface in order to successfully change the tire!
- The second thing our Orlando auto service center suggests you do is loosening up those lug nuts. By doing so, you’ll be able to take out the flat tire. Before you take them out, however, you need to jack up the car! You can’t just put the car jack wherever you want, though. You could ruin the frame of the car. Take a look at your owner’s manual to see where it needs to go. Jack up the car up about six inches to give yourself plenty of space.
- The third thing you need to do when you’re learning how to change a tire is actually getting the flat tire off your car! Make sure you know where the lug nuts are at all times, so you don’t lose them. Take them off your car. To take out the tire, our Orlando Toyota service techs suggest you just pull it towards you.
- The fourth thing you need to do when learning how to change a tire is to put on the spare tire. Make sure that it’s inflated enough so you can ride on it. After making sure that the spare is properly inflated, you can put it in. Put on the lug nuts and make sure they’re tight and secure!
Visit our Orlando Toyota service center to check out your car tires! We’re located at 16851 State Road 50!