MERRITT ISLAND, Fla. (WOFL FOX 35) - A 10-year-old boy was airlifted to the hospital after a fire broke out in a Merritt Island apartment Saturday afternoon.
According to the Brevard County Fire Rescue, the fire was cooking-related and started before 3 p.m. at the complex on Needle Boulevard.
Firefighters were able to contain the fire to just one unit, but the boy was injured and had to be airlifted to Arnold Palmer Children's Hospital.
The Red Cross is assisting the family displaced by the blaze.
No word on the extent of the damage.