Battery of toy car causes house fire

- A black and pink battery operated Volkswagon convertible was 6-year-old Aleah Pan's favorite Christmas present. Now it's a pile of ashes and rubber on her grandparent's back patio.

The car started on fire while Aleah and most of her family slept Wednesday night. Grandam Phal Pan heard a loud boom and smelled smoke. She told Fox 35 News, "I told my husband to go check it out and he went to the kitchen and he saw the fire." She grabbed the garden hose while her son called 911.

Fire crews put out the flames. Firefighters at the scene saying they believe it was the battery in the car that started the fire.

Aleah said, "Now it's all tough and black. " Her brothers, Caleb and Kaden are also sad, their bicycles were melted by the flames.

Phal Pan says she's glad they were able to stop the fire before it spread to a large shelf full of paint cans.
 

Up Next:


  • Popular

  • Recent

Stories You May Be Interested In – includes Advertiser Stories