OCALA, Fla. (FOX 35 ORLANDO) - The Marion County Sheriff’s Office (MCSO) has deployed prescription drug drop-off boxes, with the goal of combating the opioid crisis.
The boxes provide people a way to safely dispose of their prescription medications which have the potential to fall into the hands of those who may abuse them.
"With the contribution of funds from Advent Health and the Florida Department of Health of Marion County, we are able to have a prescription drug drop-off box at each one of our MCSO district offices as well as the Belleview Police Department ," said Marion County Sheriff Billy Woods.
Drop-off locations are listed below:
- MCSO Main Operations 692 NW 30th Ave. Ocala, Fl 34475
- MCSO South Marion District Office 8230 S.E. 165th Mulberry Lane Villages, FL 32162
- MCSO Dunnellon District Office 19995 SW 86th St. Unit 3 Dunnellon, FL 34433
- MCSO Silver Spring Shores District Office 501 Water Road Ocala, 34472
- MCSO South Multi-District Office 3260 SE 80th Street Ocala, Fl 34480
- MCSO Ocklawaha District Office 13985 SE Hwy 25 Ocklawaha, FL 32179
- MCSO Marion Oaks District Office 294 Marion Oaks Lane Ocala FL, 34472
- MCSO Southwest District Office 9048 SW State Rd. 200 Ocala, FL 34481
- MCSO North Multi-District Office 8311 N Hwy 441 Ocala, FL 34479
- MCSO Northeast District Office 25056 East County Road 316 Ft. Mccoy, FL 32134
- MCSO Forest District Office 16000 E. Hwy 40 E Silver Springs FL, 34488
- Belleview Police Department 5350 SE 110th St Belleview, FL 34420