DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (WOFL FOX 35) - The Daytona Beach Police Department reports that one is dead and two are in critical condition after their generator gave them carbon monoxide poisoning.
Police say that they responded to a call of carbon monoxide poisoning from a generator. Their friend who was on the way over to see them was the one to call the police.
Upon arrival, officers reportedly pulled out three adults from the apartment building and began CPR immediately.
Two females and one male were transported to the Halifax Health Medical Center. The friend was also taken to the hospital. One of the females died at the hospital, the other two are in critical condition.
David Martin of Fox 35 went to the scene and spoke with their neighbors, who said that generators were not allowed in the community.
The male that discovered the three individuals inside the home has been discharged from the hospital.
The remaining patients have been transferred to St. Mary's Medical Center in West Palm Beach, Florida. They have been transferred here to be placed in the hyperbaric chamber to help eliminate the carbon monoxide out of their bloodstream.
The Daytona Beach Police had originally tweeted that one person is dead and three others are being treated for carbon monoxide poisoning.
The tweet says that the poisoning is from keeping a generator inside their home.
1 dead, 3 being treated @ hospital for carbon monoxide poisoning from generator inside house in #DaytonaBeach. Pls keep generators outside.— DaytonaBeachFireDept (@DaytonaBeachFD) September 13, 2017