FOX NEWS - A Texas woman is suing Olive Garden, claiming the restaurant chain’s stuffed mushrooms caused severe burns to her throat after eating them.
Danny Howard of Fort Worth filed the lawsuit in Tarrant County District Court Friday, Fox 8 reported, alleging that the restaurant did not warn her about the mushroom’s temperature before she ate them.
Howard claims she visited a local Olive Garden on Aug. 11, 2017, and ordered the stuffed mushroom appetizer. She states in the lawsuit that the server did not warn her the “mushrooms were particularly hot” or that there was a “risk to cause severe burns,” before she ate them.
After taking a bite, the mushroom immediately burned her mouth, she claims, Fox 8 reported, before becoming lodged in her throat and causing her to choke. Howard alleges she stopped breathing while she was choking on the mushroom and “frantically shuffled through the restaurant in need of help.”