If you’re in the market for a used car, then you know you have a bit of work cut out for you. Before you sign the dotted line and drive off in a car make sure you do your research! With the help from our used car dealership in Orlando, you can find the ideal car for you with our shopping techniques and tips! However, there’s more than just research and price that you need to look for when you’re shopping for a car. Since the car is used you should thoroughly inspect it to make sure it’s in safe condition!
Check the ins and outs of an Orlando used car before you sign the dotted line!
It’s important to properly inspect a car to make sure that it’s in good condition and it’ll help predict what kind of maintenance the car may need. Our team at Toyota of Orlando knows that you may not know where or what to look for. That’s why our Orlando Toyota team has gathered a few tips to help you inspect a used car before getting behind the wheel.
There are three main areas you should inspect in the car, such as the interior, the exterior and under the hood. We have made a list of things to keep a lookout for, check it out when you’re inspecting an Orlando used car.
- Check the upholstery all throughout the car. Including the roof lining! Make sure the seats are intact and that there are no damages or stains. If there are you should ask where it came from and see if it can be fixed.
- Turn on the car and check all the added features, such as mounted controls on the steering wheel, A/C unit, air vents, the sound system and the speakers. Make sure everything is properly working.
- When you turn on the car, sniff it out. If your nose picks up on any strange scent you should look into where it’s coming from. Depending on the smell it can mean that there are problems under the hood.
Find an affordable and reliable used car at Toyota of Orlando!
- Turn on the headlights and taillights to make sure the bulbs are working efficiently!
- Carefully look at the car’s paint. Examine it for scratches, dents, and rust. Look for any paint patches; they might be hiding a bigger problem.
- Tires wear out over time. Check the thread depth of the tires and that the thread count is evenly dispersed in all four tires. If it’s too worn out it’s not safe to drive and you may need to replace it.
Under the hood
Looking under the hood may be confusing and complicated for some. If you need help making sure the car is in top-notch shape, bring it to our Toyota Service Center. Our highly trained technicians can check the car form bumper to bumper to ensure its in good condition and what maintenance upkeeps you may need.
If you want to shop for a reliable used car, come to Toyota of Orlando. We have a variety of pre-owned vehicle makes and models that have been previously inspected before going on our lot. Visit us at 3575 Vineland Road!