It’s officially football season! You’ve been waiting for this all year and it’s finally here. Between college and professional, you can watch football games four days out of the week. What’s better than watching the games on television? Being there to watch it in person! If you’re a big football fan, you’ve probably already secured tickets to your most anticipated games. With tickets in hand, it’s time to get ready to tailgate!
Best new Toyota near Orlando for tailgating
Football season isn’t complete without tailgating. Tailgates are times for family, friends, and fellow fans to come together and get pumped up for the big game. There are games, grilling, and gallons of fun to be had. However, you can’t have a successful tailgate without the right vehicle. At our new Toyota dealership near Orlando, we have a slew of vehicles that are top-notch for tailgating. Some of these Toyota trucks and SUVs include:
- Toyota Tacoma
- Toyota Tundra
- Toyota 4Runner
- Toyota Highlander
Tailgating safety tips
Tailgating can be fun, but they can take a turn for the worse if people are not careful! If you’re looking to have a successful tailgate before the big game, keep in mind some tailgating safety tips from Toyota of Clermont, like:
- Grill cautiously. When grilling hotdogs and hamburgers, keep grills at least six feet away from all cars or any combustible items. You should also keep a fire extinguisher and first aid kit on hand in case of emergencies.
- Serve safe food. Do not cross contaminate when cooking and ensure all foods are cooked thoroughly. Never eat food that’s been sitting out. It could have turned or grown bacteria that could make you sick.
- Dispose of trash properly. Clean up after yourself and throw all garbage away. Have trash bags set up for tailgaters to throw away trash easily. Have a separate receptacle for recyclables like bottles and cans. When it’s time to dispose of grill coals, ensure that they are cooled all the way before throwing them away in a safe receptacle.
- Drink responsibly. Typically, there is no shortage of alcohol at a tailgate. However, when consuming alcohol you should keep safety in mind always. Do not drink and drive, instead have a designated driver.
When it’s time for kickoff and you’re getting ready to head to the stadium, make sure you and your car will be safe.
- Secure your car and valuables. Remove all valuables from your car, or hide them out of sight. Roll up all windows and lock all doors on your car. Don’t forget to take your keys with you!
- Use sidewalks and crosswalks. Stay out of the street and only cross when allowed. Supervise children and keep them away from the roads.
- If you’re walking to the stadium or arena at night, be sure that you’re visible to drivers. Wear brightly colored clothing and carry a flashlight!
For more information on tailgating Toyota cars or safety tips, visit Toyota of Clermont at 16851 State Road 50! We’re located between the Florida Turnpike and Highway 27!