Are you a savvy person who likes to take on DIY projects? If you are then you might have taken on a few auto services at home. However, you have to be very careful when you do auto service at home! If you don’t know how to properly service your car, it can lead to expensive car maintenances! Our Toyota Service Team in Orlando wants to make sure you’re taking the right precautions and steps to complete your at-home auto service. That’s why we have gathered a list of some DIY auto service you can do at home!
Helpful tricks for at-home auto service!
Our Orlando Toyota Techs don’t recommend servicing your car at home if you’re not familiar with it. It can be quite complicated and dangerous in the long run. However, if you’re familiar with it make sure to use the right tools and follow proper instructions. Check out of these tips from our Toyota Techs in Orlando:
Replacing a windshield wiper can be a quite simple process! Before you get started make sure to check your car manual and check that you have the appropriate wiper blade and size! Then use these steps:
- Lift and pull up the windshield wiper away from the windshield. Press the on the tab bellow the wiper to loosen the blade and slide it out.
- Line up the new blade with its clasp opening facing the wiper arm. Slide and lock the wiper blade in place. Pull tight until it clicks into place.
- Once you’re done both windshield wipers place them back down!
There are many reasons why you may need to replace your tires! So whether you have a flat tire or you’re changing it to a new tire check out these tips from our Orlando Toyota Service Team:
- With a jack to lift the vehicle off the ground. Use your car’s manual to know where the proper spot to place the jack is.
- Loosen the lug nuts on the tires with a wrench. Remove them from the tire and store in a safe place for the time being.
- Pull the tire straight out from wheel base! Retrieve the new tire, line it up with the holes and push it in straight!
- Place the lug nuts back on tightly in the original spot. Make sure the lug nuts are secured on tight!
- Lower your car back down from the jack and discard of the old tire properly. If you’d like, you can bring it to our Orlando Toyota Service Center. We’ll discard of the tire and make sure you put it on correctly!
Get reliable auto service at our Toyota Service Center in Orlando!
If you want to ensure you get reliable auto service then come to our Orlando Toyota Service Department! We have expert technicians that will have your car ready in no-time! You can call ahead and schedule an appointment at (866) 454-1614. You can also save money by checking out our special page! Visit us seven days a week at 16851 State Road 50!