The Toyota Tacoma in Orlando is a pretty popular vehicle – but have you ever wondered how this truck came to be a top choice? At Toyota of Orlando, we did some digging into the history of this popular truck to find out exactly not just when it was produced, but also what changes were made to it along the way that helped develop it into the impressive vehicle it is today.
New Toyota truck is a top-choice!
The new Toyota Tacoma in Orlando has received many awards over the years. Some of the more recent accolades and forms of positive recognition it has received includes:
- 2013 KBB.com Best Resale Value Award
- 2013 ALG Residual Value award
- 9.2/10 rating from KBB.com customers
- IntelliChoice’s Most Awarded Pickup
These are only a few of the awards it’s received, but this truck has been a top-choice amongst drivers for quite a while.
Pretty soon the Orlando Toyota Tacoma will be celebrating its 20th anniversary. It was first produced in the United State in 1995 and was designed to replace the Toyota Hilux. What did the first generation have to offer?
- Toyota desired to create a vehicle that could operate as a work truck as well as meet personal driving needs. When they designed this pickup, an emphasis on handling and drive-time quality was the focus. Safety features and the comfort of passengers was also taken into consideration.
- Just like the Toyota Tacoma today is available in a variety of trim-levels, the first generation also gave drivers plenty of choices to choose from. It was offered in three different engine sizes: 2.4L 4-cylinder, 2.7L 4-cylinder, and 3.4L V6!
- The gas mileage of this truck was also pretty noteworthy. Depending on the engine size, up to 29 mpg could be enjoyed!
- The much-loved PreRunner model was introduced in 1998, and with it a couple updates were made to its style, including a new grille and tailgate.
- The changes didn’t stop there, though. The limited-edition S-Runner became available in 2001 and boasted even more fine-tuned details like alloy wheels and special shocks!
Some facets of the Toyota Tacoma in Orlando have remained the same over the years. For instance, when it was first introduced it was available in either an automatic or manual transmission, a choice that’s still present in many different trim-levels!
Test-drive this popular Toyota truck today!
If you’re in the market for a tough new Toyota that can take care of your work needs and personal driving preferences, then this might be the truck you’ve been looking for! Since we have it at our dealership right now, there’s also no reason to wait any longer to test-drive it.
Come and visit us at 3575 Vineland Rd to take it out for a spin today. We’re open every day until 10:00 pm, so there’s always a good time to stop by and see us. We can’t wait to see you and get you behind the wheel of this popular truck!