When it comes to your pets, you can never be too safe! We know your furry friends are a part of your family, just like Mr. Toyota is to ours. It’s always nice to bring the whole family along when hitting the road, but do you know how to keep your pets safe when they ride along in your new Toyota? Our Toyota dealership in Orlando is sharing tips to keep in mind when taking your pets on the road!
Prepare your new Toyota in Orlando for Fido!
Whether you’re taking your furry friend to the vet, on a joy ride or on your family vacation, it’s important to prepare your new Toyota before leaving. By taking a few extra precautions, you can have some peace-of-mind knowing your pet is safe and comfortable when riding in your new Toyota in Orlando! Here are just a few tips from Toyota of Orlando:
- Used proper restraints: When bringing your pet into your new Toyota, you need to decide what kind of restraints to use. This is not only safer for your pet, but it’s also beneficial to you. By keeping your pet in a cage or crate, it keeps them from distracting you while driving. You can also take a safety harness into consideration if you’re not a fan of cages. It can keep your dog strapped in place to stop it from roaming around and it’s safer for everyone in the event of an accident.
- Bring the right supplies: When going on a long trip, it’s important to bring food, snacks and water for your pet. This way your pet can eat when you eat and keep hydrated. Snacks are always a bonus when on a road trip, so why not bring some for Fido too?
- Keep your pup’s head inside: We know it can be exciting for your dog to stick its head out the window; however, we advise against this. This can actually be very dangerous as debris or passing objects can strike them. The harsh wind can also cause damage to their ears, which is why you should keep them inside at all times.
Orlando Toyota dealership shares even more tips for your pet’s safety
These are just a few of the important tips to take into consideration when letting your pet into your new Toyota in Orlando. However, there are many other rules and suggestions to think about.
- Never leave your pet in your new Toyota for long periods of time – especially when it’s warm outside, which in almost every day in Orlando!
- Plan your stops in advance to let your pet use the restroom and stretch its legs.
- Protect the seats in your new Toyota with a pet car seat cover, so you don’t have to worry about your furry friend leaving a furry mess!
- Bring extra cleaning supplies, just in case a spill or accident happens.
We hope this information is helpful the next time you bring your pet into your new Toyota in Orlando. For more tips, visit Toyota of Orlando at 3575 Vineland Rd. near the Mall at Millenia. Mr. Toyota would love to see you here!