Just because you want to drive a sleek-looking and performance-driven sports car doesn’t mean you have to shell out a ton of money. This is proven by the Scion FR-S in Orlando. This sports car is super stylish and is made to give you an exciting driving experience.
If you’ve already heard of this new Scion in Orlando you may also be familiar with the Subaru BRZ. These two sports cars are very similar, as they were designed in a joint partnership with Toyota and Subaru. However, with so many similarities in their style, performance and features, it can be hard to tell which one is the better buy. This is where we can help! We’ve examined these two vehicles to show you their differences and why the Orlando Scion FR-S is the clear choice!
What makes the Orlando Scion FR-S and Subaru BRZ similar?
Like we said, the Subaru BRZ and the Scion FR-S in Orlando have a lot in common because of this partnership. Toyota was head of the engineering and made the drivetrain, while Subaru took care of the design work.
- Both of these sports cars boast a 2.0-Liter 4-Cylinder boxer engine. With the same engine, they get 200 horsepower and 151 lb.-ft. or torque, so you know you’ll have all of the power you need no matter which vehicle you drive!
- They also both feature rear- wheel drive to provide a dynamic driving experience and offer the choice between a 6-speed automatic or 6-speed manual transmission to give you a customized drive time.
- Additionally, these vehicles offer the same fuel economy rating. The manual transmission gets an estimated 30/25 mpg, while the automatic transmission gets an estimated 32/25 mpg.
Find out the differences between the Subaru BRZ and the Scion FR-S in Orlando
Although there are a lot of similarities between these two vehicles, it’s the differences that make the 2014 Scion FR-S in Orlando stand out! There’s a reason this new Scion has beat its Subaru competitor in sales since the beginning. This reason lies within the style, performance and price!
- When it comes to style, these sports cars are very much alike, but bare their differences. On the outside, you’ll notice different headlights, bumpers, grilles and badges. They also both offer separate unique paint colors. The interior of the Scion FR-S sets itself apart even more with textured materials and dashboard to add some interesting design.
- Judging by the similarities with the engine and drivetrain, you would think both of these vehicles offer the same driving experience. However, the rear springs and bushels have been revised in this new Scion to provide increased handling and maneuverability!
- When it comes to price, the Scion FR-S in Orlando comes out on top! It has a starting MSRP of $25,255, compared to $25,595 for the Subaru BRZ. Though it’s not a huge difference, it’s always better to save money when you can!
Visit our Toyota Scion dealership at 3575 Vineland Rd. to check out this new Scion today and take it for a test drive! You can contact our Internet Sales Team at (888) 725-3520 to set up and appointment today!