Summer is almost here and that means we’re going to be dealing with some scorching temperatures! Although we have the luxury of warm weather all year long here in Central Florida, we all know the summers can get pretty intense. This is why it’s important to prepare your vehicle before the new season creeps up on you! This includes taking care of your vehicle’s A/C system and bringing it to our Toyota Service Center for some much-needed car maintenance in Orlando!
Get your vehicle’s A/C system summer-ready with car maintenance in Orlando
We all know it gets pretty hot here in Central Florida in the summer, so you need to stay cool while on the road. To ensure your vehicle stays chilled, you should bring it to our Orlando Auto Service Center to have the A/C system checked and fixed with quality car maintenance. The last thing you want to do is turn up the air conditioning on a sizzling day to find out it’s broken. Toyota of Orlando is sharing some tips to avoid this!
- First, turn your vehicle’s air conditioner on. If you feel the air coming out isn’t as chilly as it should be, let the professional technicians at our Toyota Service Center take a look for any leaks or damages and take care of the Orlando car maintenance it needs.
- If you notice a change in the performance of your car’s A/C system, it could mean it needs to be recharged. This simply means it’s running low on refrigerant. A recharge is typically necessary every two years.
- To prevent problems with your vehicle’s A/C system, you should run the air conditioning for at least ten minutes once a week. This will help keep you from running into issues with the compressor and help avoid costly auto repairs.
- You should also run the defroster once a week for just a few minutes. This can prevent mildew and excess moisture from building up in the vents, so you don’t have to worry about a foul smell when you turn it on after a long period of time!
What other Orlando car maintenance can help prepare you for summer?
Your vehicle’s air conditioning isn’t the only thing you should be worried about for summer. It’s important to prepare for the new season with other car maintenance in Orlando. This includes inspecting your car tires and checking your cooling system.
- The summer heat can do a number on your car’s tires. This is because the hot air can cause them to expand and lose air pressure. Inspect your tires to ensure they’re strong enough to withstand the extreme heat and fill them with the correct amount of air!
- Your vehicle’s cooling system keeps your engine from overheating, which is more likely to happen with the high temperatures in the summer. Make sure your vehicle’s cooling system is prepared with the coolant it needs.
Visit the Toyota of Orlando Service Center and let our experts help you prepare for summer! We’re located at 3575 Vineland Rd. near the Mall at Millenia. You can also give us a call at (866) 945-0493 to schedule an appointment.