• 1lb strawberries, hulled and quartered
• 10 fresh basil leaves
• ½ c water
• 2 tsp sugar
1. Place all ingredients in a large pot. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Turn down the heat to medium and cook for 10-15 minutes, until the strawberries soften. With an immersion blender, pulse until slightly smooth, but make sure to leave some chunks of strawberries.
2. Remove the mixture from the heat and place in a glass bowl and in the fridge to cool off, about 30 minutes.
3. Once cooled, place in popsicle molds and freeze over night. To remove popsicles from mold, dip the mold into a bowl of warm water for 15 seconds, then gently wiggle the popsicle stick side to side and they should slide right out.
Peanut Butter Jelly Sushi
Prep time: 5 min
Cook time: 5 min
Serving Info: 1 people
Jelly, flavor of your choice
Sliced White Bread
1. Use a rolling pin to flatten two slices of bread. (Crust is optional)
2. Spread peanut butter onto one bread slice.
3. Spread jelly onto the other slice of bread.
4. Place both slices of bread, side by side, overlapping one over the other by one half inch.
5. Proceed to roll the bottom slice of bread, into the top slice or bread until they are combined into one full roll.
6. Use a knife to cut them into about 6 small rolls.
Chicken Tender Teriyaki Sushi Rolls
1 chicken tender
1 dash Salt, pepper
1 tsp Mayonnaise
2 tsp Flour
To assemble the sushi roll:
1Chicken tender, fried
1rice bowl full Sushi rice
1sheet Nori seaweed (whole sheet)
Take the sinew off the chicken tender, cut in half lengthwise and massage in some salt, pepper, and mayonnaise. Coat with flour. Fry in deep fat fryer until internal temp of 165 degrees is reached. Mix the ingredients together in a bowl.
Put a nori sheet on a sushi mat, and spread the sushi rice over it. (Leave a 2 cm gap on the nori.)
Add the mayonnaise and the cooked chicken tender, and roll up.
Leave the roll for a little while with the seam side down. (It's hard to cut when it's just made, and easily falls apart.)
Cut with a knife. Wipe the blade between cuts with a moistened kitchen towel, or wet in water. The cuts will be clean this way
You can also make this with teriyaki of thick or breast meat, or even store-bought readymade teriayaki.