ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - An autopsy report shows that a prominent Florida lobbyist and attorney died last year after inhaling a recreational drug. The autopsy report released Wednesday said that 65-year-old Fred Leonhardt died last October from ethyl chloride intoxication.
The recreational inhalant drug is used in manufacturing to make dyes and chemicals. It can also be used as a topical anesthetic. The autopsy report ruled the death an accident.
Leonhardt was a shareholder at the GrayRobinson law firm in Orlando and was active in Republican fundraising. He had served as a board member of Enterprise Florida and was a past chair of the Florida Chamber of Commerce.
A statement released by GrayRobinson Wednesday said Leonhardt was a beloved colleague, but the statement didn't directly address questions about his death.