Orlando firefighters rescue dog from house fire

- Orlando firefighters saved a dog trapped inside a home Friday afternoon.

The Orlando Fire Department tweeted out a photo of the dog receiving oxygen, while in the arms of a firefighter.

Officials say the fire happened at a home on Hastings Beach Boulevard.

When they arrived on scene, firefighters say the dog, named Simba, was still inside. 

Fire officials say the dog was limp when they found him, but they performed CPR and he regained consciousness.

Officials say Simba will stay at the vet until his owner is out of the hospital.

Firefighters say the dog's owner suffered burn injuries.

Fire officials say the cause of the fire was a pot of oil left on the stove unattended.

Up Next:


  • Popular

  • Recent

Stories You May Be Interested In – includes Advertiser Stories