Dog killed when motorized scooter catches fire, burns house

- A dog has died after authorities say a motorized scooter burst into flames while parked inside the garage of a Lakeland home.

Polk County Fire and Rescue officials say the scooter was not running when it sparked and caught fire Thursday night.

The Ledger  reports it's unclear where the dog was when the fire started. The animal apparently died of smoke inhalation. None of the residents were injured, but the fired destroyed about half the house.

 

 

Information from: The Ledger (Lakeland, Fla.), http://www.theledger.com

Up Next:


  • Popular

  • Recent

Stories You May Be Interested In – includes Advertiser Stories