ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. (FOX 35 WOFL) - Two women are expected to recover after being exposed to carbon monoxide fumes on Monday morning in Orange County.
According to Orange County Fire Rescue, an 80-year-old woman, who lives on Creekwater Boulevard, accidentally left her car running overnight in her garage. She and a woman in her 40s, who was also inside the house, were overcome by fumes.
Both were transported to the hospital and are expected to make a full recovery.
Fire rescue officials say that it is an important reminder that people shold install carbon monoxide alarms in their homes.
#Update #HazMat 80-year-old woman accidentally left her car running in garage overnight. She, and a woman in her 40's, were overcome by fumes. Fortunately, they are both expected to fully recover. Please, let this be a reminder to use carbon monoxide alarms in your home. pic.twitter.com/7ZM4WNRGTA— OCFire Rescue (@OCFireRescue) February 4, 2019