Man accused of stalking Lana Del Rey appears in court

- A man whom Orlando Police say stalked and planned to kidnap singer Lana Del Rey was in Orange County court this morning.

Facing a judge, 43-year-old Michael Hunt said he didn't need a lawyer representing him.

“I don't speak anything but the truth, sir, so there's nothing that can be held against me,” Hunt said, “because it'll be nothing but the truth.”

The judge repeatedly asked Hunt whether he was sure he wanted to speak on his own behalf. Hunt went ahead and gave his response to police claims that he showed up with a knife, stalking and trying to kidnap singer Lana Del Rey at her Orlando concert. Hunt said he did have some gifts for the singer. “I had drawn a couple of pictures, I'm an artist, to bring to Lana,” Hunt said.

He says police cornered him as soon has he got to the Amway Center. “I was surrounded by a bunch of detectives and officers and put in handcuffs,” Hunt said, “and brutally forced into a situation and forced into the back of a vehicle in handcuffs, nobody explaining anything to me, whatsoever.”

Prosecutors read-out several Facebook posts they say hunt made about Lana Del Rey, saying they're proof of his intentions. “I won't be making any more decisions or choices on anything other than what I've talked about over the last week I want to see my queen on Friday and from that day forward our decisions will be as one,” read one post.

In the end, the judge didn't support prosecutors' claims that Hunt threatened to kidnap Lana Del Rey. But he did find probable cause on the aggravated stalking charge and said Hunt continues to be held without bond.
 

Up Next:


  • Popular

  • Recent

Stories You May Be Interested In – includes Advertiser Stories