Girl hospitalized after swallowing a thumbtack

A three-year old girl in is in serious condition after swallowing a thumbtack at a day care in Ocala.

Officers were called to the Kingdom Christian Academy on Monday after teachers found the girl lying on the ground-- gasping for air --and bleeding.

The little girl was taken to the hospital where doctors were able to remove the thumbtack. She was stabilized and later moved to a hospital in Gainesville.

A teacher at the daycare says she never saw any sharp objects on the floor. The Department of Children and Families is investigating the incident.

Up Next:


  • Popular

  • Recent

Stories You May Be Interested In – includes Advertiser Stories