Child, 9, dies from carbon monoxide poisoning

- Officials say a nine-year-old boy has died from what appears to be asphyxia by carbon monoxide poisoning. 

Daytona Beach police officers arrived a home on Mason Park Monday morning after receiving a call that the boy was not breathing.

Police discovered that the boy, his parents and another child were inside a home and all appeared to be overcome by fumes.  The mother was incoherent but was able to go next door and asked a
neighbor to call for help.
 
Deputies said there was a generator in another room in the house, with the door closed and towels placed under the door; the generator was not on it appeared to have run out of gas.
 
The father, mother and child were taken to Halifax hospital to be treated.  The nine-year-old boy was pronounced dead. 
 
Authorities are calling this a "tragic accident" and advise people not to use a fuel-powered generator inside a home, especially without proper ventilation.  
Up Next:


  • Popular

  • Recent

Stories You May Be Interested In – includes Advertiser Stories