VOLUSIA COUNTY, Fla. (FOX 35 ORLANDO) - Warm weather means more weekends spent at Central Florida beaches! To kick off a busy start to the beach season, Volusia County beach officials want to make sure everyone has an enjoyable and safe time.
Here are some reminders if you're headed for a day of surf and sand:
- Leave the alcohol and disposable cups at home. They are prohibited on the beach.
- Always swim in front of the lifeguard.
- Parents should swim with any minor children even if the kids know how to swim.
- If you're driving on the beach, make sure you have one front window down and headlights on at all times.
- Texting while driving on the beach is prohibited. Cellphone use is highly discouraged.
- Observe the 10 mph speed limit on the beach and watch out for pedestrians and wildlife
Beachgoers should also clean up after themselves by throwing away all trash. Garbage left on the beach can be a safety hazard. There will be trash cans and recycling containers along the beach as well as roving carts to help assist with keeping the beach clear of trash.