Report: Hoverboard catches fire leaving 3 families displaced in Orlando

- Three local families have no homes to return to after a toy caught fire Thursday night. 

According to Orange County Fire the incident occurred around 7:30 p.m. Thursday at an apartment complex on Avalon Reserve Boulevard. Investigators say a hoverboard was charging when it caught fire.

Authorities said everyone was able to make it out okay and that the fire did not cause major damage. However according to the Orlando Sentinel (http://bit.ly/1Xl4nlm) sprinkler damage has made the apartments unlivable for three families. 

The hoverboard toy has been known to burst into flames while charging as this incident is far from the first of its kind. 

According to the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission no hoverboard currently on the market is deemed safe. In fact the U.S. CPSC is calling for companies and sellers to take the toys off the market. 

Up Next:


  • Popular

  • Recent

Stories You May Be Interested In – includes Advertiser Stories