Faulty appliance causes house fire in New Smyrna Beach

- New Smyrna Beach firefighters put out an early morning blaze in a New Smyrna Beach home early Sunday.

 

Firefighters said they were called to 404 Rush Street around 1:35 a.m., Sunday, about a house fire.

 

When firefighters arrived, they found flames and heavy smoke coming from one side.  A person who was living in the home was able to escape uninjured.

 

Firefighters, along with assistance from Volusia County, were able to put out the flames that caused about $10,000 worth of damage.

 

The State Fire Marshal's office investigated and determined the cause of the fire to be from a faulty gas appliance.

 
Up Next:


  • Popular

  • Recent

Stories You May Be Interested In – includes Advertiser Stories