Orlando, Fla. - Victims of the Pulse nightclub massacre can now apply for compensation from the OneOrlando Fund.
49 people were killed, and 53 seriously injured, when Omar Mateen opened fire in the Orlando club on June 12, 2016.
Claim Forms and the Final Distribution Protocol are available at OneOrlando.org.
HOW TO MAKE A CLAIM:
1. Go to OneOrlando.org/submitclaim
2. Download, complete and print the required forms
3. Once complete, have the form notarized and then mail the printed Claim Form and required documentation to:
National Compassion Fund: OneOrlando Fund
c/o National Center for Victims of Crime
2000 M Street NW, Suite 480
Washington, DC 20036
4. All Claim Forms must be postmarked by September 12, 2016 to qualify.
For assistance completing the claim forms call 855-4-VICTIM or by email OneOrlando@ncvc.org.
- · Friday, August 12, 2016: Claim Forms and other required documentation available on OneOrlando.org
- · September 12, 2016: Deadline for submission of Claim Forms and other required documentation
- · September 12 - September 25, 2016: All personal meetings requested with the Fund Administrators completed
- · September 12 - September 26, 2016: All claims reviewed by the Fund Administrators and recommendations for payments to eligible claimants submitted to the OneOrlando Fund Board for independent review and approval
- · September 27, 2016: Payment Distribution to approved eligible claimants begins on a rolling basis
· After October 15, 2016: Independent Audit begins