From Chef Andra's visit to Good Day Orlando on Thursday.
PUMPKIN-BROWNIE SWIRL PIE
1 12-ounce bag semisweet chocolate chips
2/3 cup packed light brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
For the pumpkin filling:
1 cup pure pumpkin puree
1 cup heavy cream
1 large egg
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1 stick of unsalted butter
VANILLA ICE CREAM AND CARAMEL SAUCE (for serving)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter the bottom and side of a 91/2-inch deep-dish pie plate. Make the brownie filling: Heat the butter, chocolate chips and brown sugar in a medium saucepan over medium heat, whisking occasionally, until the butter and chocolate is melted. Remove from the heat. Whisk in the eggs, one at a time, then the vanilla, whisking until smooth. Whisk in the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt until combined.
- Pour about one-third of the brownie batter into the prepared pie plate; set aside the remaining batter. Bake until just starting to set and the top is shiny, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the pumpkin filling: Combine the pumpkin puree, heavy cream, egg, granulated sugar, flour, pumpkin pie spice and salt in a medium bowl; whisk until smooth.
- Pour the pumpkin filling over the warm brownie layer. Stir 1-tablespoon water into the remaining brownie batter, then spoon the batter (in about 6 scoops) onto the pumpkin filling. Use the back of the spoon to pull the brownie batter into the pumpkin filling and create a swirled pattern. Bake until the pie is set, 40 to 45 minutes. Transfer to a rack and let cool completely. Serve with vanilla ice cream.
APPLE PIE WITH CHEDDAR, BACON, AND ROSEMARY
2 pounds of Pie Dough
7 ounces Sugar
1 ½ ounce Cornstarch
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon ground Nutmeg
1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
½ teaspoon Lemon Juice
1 ounce Butter, melted
5 slices of Applewood Smoked Bacon
1 Tablespoon of Rosemary
1 cup of Sharp Cheddar
5 Golden Delicious Apples, peeled, cored, and sliced 1/8” thick
- Divide dough in half, roll out for bottom and top layer to 1/8” thick
- Combine sugar, cornstarch, salt, nutmeg, cinnamon, lemon juice, and melted butter and toss with the apples, bacon, cheddar, and rosemary.
- Fill the pie shell with the apple mixture and brush the rim with egg wash
- Cover with top layer of dough, crimp the edges and cut a few vents, and egg wash.
- Bake at 375F until filling is bubbling and the crust is a rich golden brown color, about 45 minutes.