Chef Andra Harris shares some quick recipes for you and your family!
Chicken Pasta in Creamy Pesto Sun-Dried Tomato Sauce
• 3-4 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless and cut into strips
• 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
• 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
• 1/2 red onion
• 6 garlic cloves, minced
• 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, drained of most oil, chopped (keep oil for cooking)
• 3 bell peppers (1 red, 1/2 yellow and 1/2 green)
• 1/2 cup basil pesto
• 1/2 cup cream
• 1/2 cup chicken stock
• Salt and pepper to tast
• 8 ounces fettuccine or penne pasta
• Chopped fresh basil, chopped for garnish
• Parmesan, for garnish
1. Cook pasta al dente, according to package direction
2. Heat 1 tablespoon of the drained tomato oil in a large nonstick skillet. Add chicken to the skillet, stir-fry for 5 minutes with Italian seasoning, and crushed chili pepper, until cooked. Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
3. In the meantime, prepare the sauce by combining basil pesto, cream, and chicken stock in a mixing cup or bowl; whisk until thoroughly combined and set aside.
4. Return the skillet to heat and stir in onion, garlic, and sun-dried tomato. If the skillet is dry, add a little more oil from the sun-dried tomatoes jar. Cook over medium-high heat until just fragrant. Add bell peppers and continue cooking until slightly cooked but still crisp.
5. Add the prepared pesto sauce to the skillet and bring to a simmer. Transfer chicken strips back in the skillet and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until heated through.
6. Stir in cooked pasta and reheat for 2 to 3 minutes. Garnish with parmesan cheese, pepper and chopped basil.
Spinach Artichoke Chicken Recipe
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 4 to 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
• Salt and pepper to taste
• 1/2 teaspoon fresh oregano, basil, rosemary, thyme
• 2 tablespoon butter
• 6 cloves garlic minced
• 1/2 cup unsalted chicken stock
• 2 cups marinated artichoke hearts chopped
• 1 bag (6 ounces) baby spinach
• 1 cup half and half you can also use milk or heavy cream
• 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
• 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Heat olive oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet.
2. Season chicken breasts with oregano, salt, and pepper.
3. Add chicken breasts to the hot oil and cook until browned, about 5 to 6 minutes per side.
4. Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
5. Melt butter in skillet; stir in garlic and cook for about 30 seconds, or until fragrant.
6. Pour in chicken broth or wine and continue to cook until liquid has reduced, about 3 minutes.
7. Stir in artichokes; cook for 1 minute.
8. Add in baby spinach and cook for one more minute, or until spinach is wilted.
9. Stir half-and-half and bring to a simmer.
10. Add mozzarella and parmesan; stir until combined.
11. Transfer chicken back into the skillet and cook for five more minutes, or until sauce has thickened and chicken is cooked through.